Old November 21st 18, 08:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default 2-meter on icom ic-746

On Tue, 20 Nov 2018, wrote:

hello, I cannot find how to scan the 2-meter on the ic-746 I scan the hf
bands but cannot figure out how to scan the 2-meter

Try the manual? Have you tried the same instructions at HF? Are you sure
it scans in different modes? I don't know. 2M FM, there's reason to
scan, find where the activity is, but on HF, there's probably too much
activity to make it really useful. At HF, it's going to be mostly SSB,
and it's not common to have squelch for that. If squelch does work on
SSB, you might try adjusting that, if it's too tight, it may just scan
forever, if it's too sensitive, it will stop on just about every
frequency.

Michael