Old December 17th 18, 10:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.misc
Rob[_8_] Rob[_8_] is offline

Default Halted is closing

David Lesher wrote:

I got a sad email earlier this month:

It is with sincere regret that we are announcing the final days for HSC in Silicon Valley.

After 54 years we will be closing our doors for the final time on Saturday, January 12, 2019.

We hope you can stop by or visit our website and stock up on high tech goodies one last time.

The deals will be better than ever!

https://www.halted.com

Halted is one of, if not the last, surplus stores in the
Valley. I've always visited when in the area.

This kind of stores (much smaller of course) have closed decades ago here.
They need supply and demand, and both of them are diminishing.

The last store in my city that sells electronic components (new) has closed
a couple of months ago, even though it had added lots of side business
over the years (like computer cables and parts, electronic gadgets, etc).
It became more like a Radio Shack store. (those have closed here too)

The owner says that he lost the profitable business because people search
the internet before buying something, and the only business left basically
was low-value stuff.