Old August 26th 04, 04:01 PM
L.

"Minnie Bannister" wrote in message
The FCC has been known to yank amateur radio licenses on the grounds of
the "bad character" of the holder, as evidenced by (if I remember
correctly the one case I read) a conviction of a crime.

Alan NV8A

On 08/26/04 08:35 am Lloyd put fingers to keyboard and launched the
following message into cyberspace:

The original post just doesn't compute. The FCC has no authority over
anything other than what happens on the air, so a threat posted on QRZ
would be out of their jurisdiction. That would be an area for law
enforcement to handle. Same thing for Usenet posts.

If he made threats on the air, that would be an entirely different
matter ...

I believe he said "someone turned him in for having made the threat" over
the air, even though he claims he didn't. However, he did also admit to the
FCC that he made the threat - even if it wasn't on the air. So, they have
the direct admission to the offense and reports it happened. Obviously the
FCC chose to accept the word of those reporting it. Therefore, "thinking" it
happened on the air, they would in a sense have jurisdiction. I'd hope
they'd have asked for proof of it - being done ON THE AIR, but perhaps they
erred on the side of caution.

As to the statement at the top, I believe I've heard of that being done as

L.