Old September 3rd 04, 09:20 PM
Steve Nosko

"Steffan" wrote in message
My dad was a ham back in the 50's/60's ... I
remember seeing his "shack" which consisted mostly of Heathkit, a
Hallicrafters SX125 (?) and some Eico and Collins stuff.....

So anyway, shoot ahead 40 years and here I am in a mid life crisis!!!!
[...snip...] I plan on contacting a local club

Steffan,

WELCOME! The club is your best bet. We're just a lot of old farts here
(:-) There's so much neat stuff to do and neat new equipment. BUT the old
stuff, particularly Heath, is in demand. Be careful if you get offers.
There's a new FM satellite just up, some new modes like PSK31 and all
the rigs are computer controllable, so you can mix various interests.

I'm working on some computer control software for blind hams and I say
that I am fixing it so I can have my 'computer-toy' play with my 'ham
radio-toy' so I can go up stairs and relax watching TV !! (:-)

--
Steve N, K,9;d, c. i My email has no u's.