Old January 16th 19, 06:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] jcarroll330p4@gmail.com is offline

Default Sangean ATS 909X with corrupt firmware?

On Monday, January 14, 2019 at 12:55:54 PM UTC-6, Ricardo Caratti wrote:
Hi, I am from Brazil and my name is Ricardo.

I have a Radio Sangean ATS 909X, serial number 1478579, 2014, China, software information 1.29R (firmware/software version).
This radio works fine in most of its main functionalities.
However, some important functionalities described on the user manual do not work.

For example:
1.The button SSB does not work. I mean, I cannot listen to SSB (LSB/USB) stations;
2.The green button (On/Off) does not work in some situations (to turn off the radio, I have to press the button Time set (1 - see user manual), Daylight Save Time Switch (2 – see user manual) or “(13) STEP”;
3.The “(1) Time set”, “(2) Daylight Save Time Switch” and “(3) Home / World Time Selection” do not work as shown on the user manual;
4.The set of buttons “(14) Tuning Up and Tuning Down”, just Tuning Down works;
5.If I press the button “(13) STEP”, the radio turns off (to switch the tuning speed I have to press the button “(3) Home / World Time Selection”;
6.The action “reset Time and Microprocessor” by using the “RESET SWITCH” does not change the behavior reported above..

In general, I can listen to FM, LW, MW, and regular SW stations. Despite this situation, I think it is a really nice radio. For this reason, I would like some support or instructions that help me to fix these issues.

I look forward to your cooperation.
Respectfully,
Ricardo.

The SSB control is not a "Button"!

There is an On / Off SWITCH

and a KNOB for USB and LSB adjustment.

One then needs a SOURCE of SSB broadcast.

One of the several HAM bands, at the right time of day.

The Time Signals from WWV and CHU.

Good luck!

J.C.