Old January 17th 19, 06:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Astron RS-12A Repair Help

In article ,
says...

I am having similar problems with my RS12 supply. I think I shorted a pass transistor case to ground and output went to zero. Checked the transistors and they seem good. Replaced the 723 chip and output returned to 13.8v, but after cycling the supply a few times it fell to 8v. Any ideas? I'm new to repairing but am learning a

lot. Thanks for any help.

Ross AD6OE

When you cycled it, did you turn it off and back on very quick ? The
astrons will often trip the over voltage protection if you do no twait
about 3 to 5 seconds to turn it back on after turning it off.

They also have a problem with the transistor sockets. The small pins of
te transistors often fail to make good contact with the sockets.