Old January 14th 04, 03:39 AM
w4jle

No to your question, but why? Wire would work every bit as well..

"Roger Gt" wrote in message
om...
Some time ago I obtained a roll of 6 mil thick 10 inch wide aluminum sheet
at a bargain. I intended to use it for an antenna in my attic. I would

use
plastic clothes hangers as supports stapled to the rafters.

When I mentioned I was finally going to get it installed, a friend told me
that the sheet won't make a good antenna. There is plenty of room for a
bent dipole so I ask why he thought it wouldn't work. His answer was that
the thin edges would have a corona discharge and might set fire to the
house. I considered it nonsense, but I wonder -- Running only 100 Watts.

Is there any reason that a thin sheet of the proper length would be
unsuitable as an antenna for "indoor" use?

Thanks for you insightful comments.

K7DUP