Old January 22nd 19, 01:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
J.B. Wood[_2_] J.B. Wood[_2_] is offline

Default How to tune an EH Antenna

On 1/19/19 5:38 PM, John Booth wrote:
Hello All,

I am trying to build a 40 meter EH Antenna. I've been following the directions in the pdf bood written by Ted Hart (W5QJR).

On page 26 of the pdf book there is a section labeled "Tuning An EH Antenna".

I've been trying to follow the instructions but I am very new to building antennas and the instructions just are not adding up for me. I cannot make procedural sense out of what is stated in the pdf book.

I have the antenna mostly built. Tuning has become a road block for me.

Hello, and why waste your time on this? The EH antenna and its cousin,
the Crossed Field Antenna (CFA) both rely on a flawed interpretation of
well-established electromagnetic theory ("theory" as used here in the
scientific sense). The operational concept of these antennas has been
debunked in the past by Dr. John (Jack) Belrose, VE2CV, and others.
Basically you end up with an overly complicated, tricky to tune antenna
that will radiate, but doesn't offer any additional advantages over
other designs. Sincerely, and 73s from N4GGO,

--
J. B. Wood e-mail: