Old September 16th 04, 02:35 AM
Hal Rosser

"Andrew Crawford" wrote in message
Dear All,

Does anyone have any tips for learning Morse using the Kock method? I'm

using
the "CW trainer" program and it's working... kind of.

I am learning at 25wpm. I find I can identify the sounds of the letters no
problem at this speed, so it's working from that point of view.

However, I can't physically write that fast! By the time I get one letter
written another three have gone by. I can "buffer" them a little but even

so
after writing down a few letters I'm hopelessly behind.

It's very discouraging. Any hints?

Cheers,

Andrew

The same way you get to Carnegie Hall - practice, practice, practice.
After a while, instead of recognizing individual characters, you start to
recognize word patterns.
I'll bet you already recognize the rythm or pattern of some words - like the
word "the" - or your name.
or the word "name" the word "is" etc.... it'll be like listening to someone
talk. - where you don't need to write it down.

---