Old January 27th 19, 08:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] unpakht@gmail.com is offline

Default Chain link fence as antenna

On Monday, December 25, 2000 at 8:41:02 AM UTC-8, David R.Gemmer wrote:
Any thoughts on the use of a chain link fence as an antenna? I have one
surrounding about an acre, but every ten feet or so a post is set in the
ground, as is typical for a fence. Probably an excellent ground, but any
hope of using it for the actual antenna?

The fence can be used as a ground for a vertical. fed with balanced line works most bands, second way would be stick a mobile multiband Hustler or other resonators use the fence as a ground.ideally if you have a remotely adjustable coil like a screwdriver mobile antenna stick it somewhere on the fence works great. I wish the fence lays flat on the ground it would work super but then its no lomger a fence. Var N6DBH