Old January 14th 04, 11:28 AM

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 04:08:06 GMT, "Roger Gt"
wrote:

"Irv Finkleman" wrote in message
Reg Edwards wrote:

Aluminum strip, 10 inches wide and .006 inches thick as a dipole.
Any special considerations?
How can I predict the band width?
========================
None. And no need to predict bandwidth. It will be more than wide

enough.

None? Unless this is an attic antenna, wind will be a big consideration,
and possibly noise (acoustic) as well. I don't know all the laws of

static induction
into
an antenna, but it seems to me that you might also want to watch for

arcing
in connectors etc.

Irv VE6BP

IN the attic... Of course, and there will be no connectors.
Direct termination to the Sheet via lugs.
Insulated by plastic dowels, about 4 inches (~100mm) long.

I will also install two feet above the House wiring, ducts etc.

So I'll let you know how it works. In a while.

Thanks, Every one!

Just in case the concern about a fire hazard from arcing or
corona discharge is a possiblity, it might not be a bad idea to blow a
few bucks on a smoke detector up there.