Old January 14th 04, 09:34 PM
Roger Gt

"Lou DeChris" wrote in message
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:51:35 GMT, Roger Gt hath writ:

Aluminum strip, 10 inches wide and .006 inches thick as a dipole.
Any special considerations?
How can I predict the band width?

At 1296 MHz?

My tome is brief, scarcely a page in the sands of time.

It would make a lot of Bow-ties and reflectors, but I was tying to make an
indoor antenna for 40 / 20 Meters.

While the average wind is only 10 mph. Seasonally the winds get to 35 mph
with maximum gusts to over 85 mph. My 10 / 15 wire antenna's are the most
used, and require frequent maintaince. The indoor antenna's (also #17
Aluminum electric fence wire) are always available. I wanted to add more
bands, and have an entire roll of this sheet stock which is just taking up
shelf space.

insulators are PVC. The support lines are 40lb monofilament fishing line,
and the tensioners are Screen door springs at the extreme support points.
Coax feeds are all RG8U. I bought a roll! 2 meters and up are covered by
a Radio Shack discone.

160 and 80 Meters are (very) spiral wound on 20 foot of 4 inch drain pipe
forms. ( works but NOT real good IMHO)