Old June 18th 19, 04:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
[email protected] jeffhook@rocketmail.com is offline

Default Racal RA-337 VLF Adapter - new

On Tuesday, March 6, 2001 at 6:47:33 AM UTC-6, Radiomatt wrote:
This is the 3kHz-980 kHz solid-state adapter which mated with the RA-6217 and
similar receivers, taking the 16 volts, and 1 MHz freq standard from the radio,
and upconverting the VLF range to a higher band. The unit is new, but missing
only the knobs and the front panel, but works without them just fine. There are
some really high quality coils inside, and workmanship is mil-spec. There is a
small (about 1" square) window which has the tuning scale for the preselector
stages (can be bypassed), and the range is covered in six bands (really sharp
front end). It is about 2" high, 6" wide, but 18" deep (excluding knob shafts
and connectors). I bought it new from RACAL a dozen years ago as a spare for my
other unit, but I sold it. Price is $135 + shipping..

Did this ever sell?