Old November 25th 04, 04:42 PM
Dave Bushong

Allodoxaphobia wrote:
On 25 Nov 2004 07:37:19 -0800, Frank hath writ:

I need to replace the CR2016 in my Yeasu FT-5200. Seems ridiculous to
pay $10+ to Yeasu for a $2.00 battery. Has anyone had any luck finding a
source that you can share with me for a low cost alternative?

Thanks and 73,
Frank K9IC

Tin the tips of two wires -- Smash them flat with a ball-peen hammer --
Trime the tinned leads to a wee bit less than the diameter of the
battery -- Assemble the wires and the battery by slipping some heat
shrink tubing over the whole mess -- Shrink to taste.

If you have some pices of Very Thin brass, cut two brass pieces to
a somewhat smaller diameter than the battery -- Solder each wire to
one pice of brass -- Assemble the brass pieces and the battery by
slipping some heat shrink tubing over the whole mess -- Shrink to taste.

Use hot melt glue to tack the battery in place inside the radio.

73
Jonesy

I replaced the soldered-in battery in the TS-60 by buying a battery
holder at radio shack, soldered that in, and then slipped in a $1.50
CR20xx battery.