Old November 26th 04, 10:36 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"J999w" wrote in message

However, there is a viable alternative to ''running split''. That is
selecting the calling stations by number (in their callsigh), or areas

of
the world, i.e. US Only, VE only, etc.

I HATE that because I always seem to tune in just as they've finished with

the
9's !

jw
k9rzz

Yep....it can indeed be frustrating.

I remember when I operated from the Marshal islands in the 80s. I was
really impressed with the Japanese amateurs. They were and are a very
disciplined group. Later on I found out why. They were using a simplex 2m
FM channel to cooridinate DX hunting. Kept down the doubles and talking
over folks really well.

Actually the most troublesome ops were the US hams. I found this to be true
when I operated in Europe also.

Just some thoughts.

Dan/W4NTI