Old November 27th 04, 05:07 AM
Mike Luther

Walt .. I may be wrong and it was '55. Don't think so though. I got it
not long in months after it was first introduced. While on vacation in
Erie, Pennsylvania, from our home in Texas that summer, Dad took me to
Buffalo, New York to take the exam. I was told that at that time I was
the youngest kid to pass it at 15, but lots of others younger have since
passed it.

As the years go forward, the mind confuses the body .. and the body
confuses the mind. In all the confusion I can vouch for the fact that
all I've ever grown to be in many ways has derived totally from ham
radio. The organization of the sport, the competitiveness, the
technical springboard that it offers - and the log and record keeping
fences and proofing it demands are worth a great deal in helping learn a
lot about life. I'm very thankful for everything, all the doors it has
opened, and the many people who have helped me along the way - W5GDK,
the original W5VO, and W4AUT who were all mentors and took special time
to help me.

Walt Davidson wrote:

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 02:06:57 +0000, Mike Luther
wrote:

I'm 50 years plus at this and an Extra since 1954

When was the Extra Class license introduced in the USA?

73 de G3NYY

W5WQN

--

-- Sleep well; OS2's still awake!