Old August 2nd 19, 03:31 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.d-i-y,uk.local.glasgow
Stephen Cole Stephen Cole is offline

Default Rothammels Antenna Book ...

Roger Hayter wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

On 02/08/2019 09:28, Roger Hayter wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

On 02/08/2019 09:01, Roger Hayter wrote:
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downstairs Computer
wrote:

On 01/08/2019 15:32, Roger Hayter wrote:
...But equally you could pass the RAE and become an excellent and
popullar radio amateur fifty years ago while not knowing a great about
technical matters.

Untrue, dangerously so.

Amateur radio has always been a technical pursuit; the operator's hobby
is CB Radio, and on the amateur bands are a large number of
CBers masquerading as radio amateurs.

That is no doubt what you would like to be true, and I have a lot of
sympathy with that aspiration. But it is not in fact true, and there
were always, at least since the 1960s which is what I know about, a
large number of amateurs interested in operating (and often highly
skilled and knowledgable about it) and not particularly interested in
anything technical. Equally, a lot copied circuits without being much
interested in the theory. So I simply do not agree with you about the
facts, as opposed to preferences.

I do very little selective operating and I am not interested in
electronics or computing so where does that leave me ? ....

It leaves you making your own choices, which are really no-one else's
business; but it does make some of your criiitcisms of others looking
a shade hypocritical, though.

I would like to know what criticisms you mean.....please share I won't
get annoyed .....honest

FL too easy? People not doing morse?

Don’t forget Jim’s endless moaning about people reporting his stalking to
the police, but then he went and stitched up Paul with those recordings.
What a snitching hypocrite.

--
M0TEY // STC
www.twitter.com/ukradioamateur