Old December 1st 04, 04:38 AM
Steve Silverwood

In article ,
says...
I'm looking for other hams that also work in museums that might be
interested in starting a net, discussion group, etc. Or, if you know
of one that already exists, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Bob, KE3GG

I don't know of a net per se, but there are two museums here in Southern
California that would qualify.

One is W6RO, the "Wireless Room" ham station aboard the RMS Queen Mary
in Long Beach. They have a fully-functional multi-position ham station
aboard ship, which has been operational for many years. They also have
a beautiful QSL card, much sought-after by hams, so whenever you hear
W6RO on the air it'll often result in a pile-up. W6RO is also the club
call for the Associated Radio Amateurs of Long Beach, who operate the
Wireless Room station, so on Field Day when you hear W6RO they are NOT
operating from the ship. Any other time of the year, W6RO is used
aboard the QM. Nate Brightman, K6OSC, is the main point of contact for
information about that operation.

There's also a station operating at the Maritime Museum, across the
harbor from the Queen Mary in San Pedro, CA but I don't have contact
information about their operation. I =think= that's aboard the old WW2
Liberty Ship SS Lane Victory, if memory serves.

Hope that's of some help to you.

--

-- //Steve//

Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS