Old December 1st 04, 04:50 AM
JuLiE Dxer

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:56:01 -0500, "Psychiatrist to Hams"
wrote:

There's a pirate sporadically operating on 3965 kHz.
Claims to be located in NY state. Could be. I am in Boston
area, and he has a qsa5 sig here, whereas people to the s.e.
and west report much lower sig strengths. Format is lots of
anti fcc stuff and satire, some rap music too.

Dr Ham

Are you confusing a poor operating ham as a pirate shortwave
broadcaster? I've been listening to 3965 kHz for a couple hours, now,
and have only heard some dimwits back east (NA) jabbering about
trivial matters. It's not too hard to find lunatics on the ham bands
transmitting all kinds of illegal stuff. Try to tune into 3840 kHz
sometimes late in your evenings/night and listen for the wacko named
Steve Wingate, KG6TXH. He does everything you've mentioned almost on a
nightly basis running 1500 watts into a fairly good size antenna. He's
the latest edition of idiot-ham to appear on that frequency. I've
received many emails regarding FCC actions that are supposedly in the
works against him by R.Hollingsworth.