Old August 22nd 19, 10:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.info
ETH via rec.radio.info Admin ETH via rec.radio.info Admin is offline

Default [ETH] Using Phonetic Alphabet

Everything Ham Radio

Using Phonetic Alphabet

https://www.everythinghamradio.com/2...etic-alphabet/

Have you ever listened to someone on the radio that said their name
phonetically but used some cute words instead of the ITU version of the
phonetic alphabet? I once talked to a guy whos callsign ended with CFS.
Instead of signing off as Charlie Foxtrot Sierra, he signed off with
Chicken Fried Steak. After the initial humor wore off, I had to ask myself,
What was his callsign? It took me about a minute to figure it out cause my
brain is use to using the ITU version. When

The post Using Phonetic Alphabet appeared first on Everything Ham Radio.