Old January 16th 04, 12:20 AM
Robin

"Desmoface" wrote in message
Hey kids..I know gap kind of does this..but anyone think a verticle dipole
would work...basically a vertical fed in the center...Im wanting a good 10
meter antenna for local stuff and was thinking about a conventional
vertical..than I thought maybe I could do without the radial system and

ground
loss issue but just putting up a vertical dipole for 10...any thoughts??

Steve
kb8viv

you can easily build a Dipole.. but for the hastle.. are not such things
just as easy to buy?
Suggest you take a look at the local CB shop. There are 1/2 wave dipoles
available here in the UK for less than £20 ($35 US) All you need to do is
make the antenna shorther than it would be for CB, (appx 8 1/2 feet per
side).
http://www.geocities.com/Augusta/7117/antenna.html may be of use to you..

Robin