Old December 10th 04, 11:06 PM
Ether Hopper

GMRS is not Amateur radio -- it does require a license $80 -- thus will some
what keep the idiots off the band.

See URL:
http://wireless.fcc.gov/services/per...generalmobile/

--
RF Gotta Go SomeWhere

"Unigamer" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hello,

I've been interested for quite some time for a friend and I to get a pair
of GMRS radios - we have a pair of FRS radios, but we'd like to be able to
talk over a slightly longer distance and maybe not have so many idiots on
it lol.

I know we'd have to have a license, and I've read that it's no-test - but
how would I keep from throwing junk into the amateur GMRS repeaters around
here? I certainly wouldn't want to jam them up or anything, I have a lot
of respect - I like to use a scanner and listen to ham radio sometimes,
and hope maybe someday to get into it...

Anyways, I'd appreciate any help I can get. I was looking at a nice 3-watt
pair of Cobras (Model: PR4300-2 WX VP) - any good?

Thank you in advance,
Jeff