Old December 15th 04, 02:28 AM
Dee Flint

"Dave Bushong" wrote in message
Scroll down,

Dee Flint wrote:

For a first timer, I'd put the number a little bit lower. Perhaps 100 on
voice or 50 on CW. That way the person doesn't have to try to run the
full contest and doesn't get burned out from the effort.

Good point. Pick a number that is something you are happy with. My point
was that if you set a goal, you will know when you have reached it, and if
you plan to enjoy it, you probably will!

I have found that I actually do better in the CW contests than voice even
though my CW skills are rather modest. My personal all time best was on
CW and was double the number of contacts from similar contests on voice.

I think the fellow contesters are better behaved also. My own opinion.

Dave
kz1o

If you are awards hunting, I've found that the CW guys are also more
diligent about replying to QSL cards too, in my experience anyway.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE