Old December 22nd 04, 08:04 PM

Homer wrote:
"The Shrub" as you call him is entirely right in what he does as
commander-in-chief, no where in the CFRs nor the Constitution is

there an
implied right that GPS belongs to all the peoples of the world.
The system was funded with DOD monies and is used by the general

public at
the discretion of the controlling agency, namely the U.S. Air Force.

Homer I have a couple clues for you. Those "DoD monies" came from us
taxpayers. The Constitution sez that anything the military does with
OUR money in this country is ultimately done under the command and
control of us taxpayers via our representatives in Congress, the Oval
Office and in the courts. In other words it's US who "own" the GPS
system, NOT the USAF. GPS has proven to have a huge range of public
benefits which is why the USAF is being relieved of command of the
system and is why it's being moved into the public domain. Globally.

The Shrub doesn't undestand a lotta things. GPS is one, Arabs is
another . .

I guess everyone will have to negivate the way it was done for many

years by
map and compass.

Nah, I liked the GPS rcvr I carried when I flitting around in my
ultralight 14-15 years ago. I didn't worry about any maps, compasses or
any of that old crap, all I had to do to get back to the rwy was tap
the "get home" button and keep the LCD needle centered.

If Kerry ("The Idiot") was in office he would most certainly do the

same
thing in the same situation.

So quit bitchin' and go buy a compass and topograpical map to find

out where
in hell you are at.

duh! Homer

"Duh" is right . . connect some dots dude.

"K=D8HB" wrote in message
k.net...
A friend sent me the link below. At first I thought it had to be an

April
Fool joke, but apparently The Shrub really IS that stupid!

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/nati...lites.html?ex=
=3D1104168601&ei=3D1&en=3D4e6b58c489759881
w3rv