Old November 8th 19, 04:39 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
[email protected] 971496@gmail.com is offline

Default Texas Star 500

On Wednesday, December 30, 2015 at 9:43:12 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Monday, August 2, 1999 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I own a Texas Star DX-500. It's powered by an 100 amp alternator, 1
auxilery batter, and 4 awg wire, reduced to 6 awg at the amp. I'm
getting no more that 310 watts on AM max. and about 425 on sideband.
Does this seem a little low to you, or am I hoping for too much? The amp
is being driven with my rci 2950, RG-8, and a 102" steel whip with 1:1.2
match. Hmmmmmm.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

If its in a mobile/car/truck, you're gonna see less than compared to a base.

i find that i have to drive my 500 with a texas star v+ modualator to get the 500 watts. remember, its a STRAIT FOUR PILL. theyre basicly a five pill with no driver. you have to drive them to see their advertised wattage.