Old November 27th 19, 11:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,aus.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
VK2TPM via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin VK2TPM via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin is offline

Default [VK2TPM] Beware of macOS malware

marxy's musing on technology

Beware of macOS malware

http://blog.marxy.org/2019/11/beware...s-malware.html

I've always felt pretty safe from malware by running macOS but recently
three people I know have found that they have unwanted software on their
Macs. In each case, they were tricked into installing software that claimed
to be an update to Adobe Flash. I saw this scam recently and I think it was
launched from an ad on the page. Here's a screen shot:

checkupdate.mainsourceofupgrade.best yeah