Old January 16th 04, 09:14 PM
Tdonaly

Art wrote,
Don't make up a false augument, nowhere do I say that parts of a dipole
does not radiate, soon you will have half the neibourhood up in arms
regarding something I didn't say. As for your parlying the term 'false' so
liberaly it is clear that you were sleeping during class, but then even
those who know little of radiation can have an oponion.
So what is your vision of the future with respect to antenna and are you
doing anything to make that vision come true i.e. walking the walk.or are
your jollies gained by shooting at those such as Cecil that does have the
required knoweledge? On top of all that read carefully regarding'
efficiency' since I have qualified it as ' per unit length'
Best regards
Art Unwin

Actually, Art, I have come up with a small antenna that radiates well enough,

although I don't see any point in making anything out of it since I can't get
it
to do anything impossible. ( A full-size antenna would work better.)
I apologize if I misunderstood you. You might pause to consider, however,
that a half-wave dipole at the correct height is quite efficient, anyway, and
improving it from, say, 98% to 99% won't gain you much advantage,
even if your idea has merit.
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH