Old June 30th 03, 08:58 PM
thomas

This is not true in the case of the federal tax. I saw it clearly on one
IRS pub, that if you filed tax incorrectly based on a response from an IRS
agent, you will not be charged the penalty, even if you have to pay the
right amount later.

Applying the same principle here, you **may** be right that I may still need
to pay a license fee if I get caught. But I won't be fined $10000, given
that I have the print-out of the official FCC email.

We need common sense other than "certificates or professionals" on what is
good and bad to do. The legal and policy systems are based on common sense
eventually.

Thomas

And the Supreme Court of the US has ruled that in spite of what

oral or written advice one gets from a government office, if the
law is otherwise, the oral or written advice is of no value and
cannot be relied upon.