Old July 1st 03, 05:16 AM
G. M. Alf

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:31:42 -0400, "thomas"
wrote:

Hi,

there have been a lot flames about the topic of the license issue of
FRS/GMRS. i don't want to be part of it. hence i opened a new thread.

i have just got a formal response from FCC. quote as follows, fyi ONLY!

if you use only the FRS side of the radio, then you would not be required
to obtain a license. On the other hand, if you switch to the GMRS side of
the radio and transmit, you would at that point be in violation of FCC
rules.

Here's what I got from Cobra, first, my question:

Is a GMRS license required when FRS channels 8 - 14
are used on 22 channel radios?

And the Answer:

FCC license is not required for channels 1-7 only.

Mike