Old July 1st 03, 11:53 PM
N2EY

Default The Pool

In article , Alun Palmer
writes:

Actually, Alun, I'd say it was the other way around. The shouting is
all overand the test continues until the paperwork is completed.

Good one!

I thought you'd like it.

The unanimously agreed
language, now passed through all the commitee levels, makes it
optional.

Maybe that's a solution for the FCC. Have code tests at 5, 13 and 20
wpm. Just make them optional.

I think that would be fine, but I don't think the FCC would go for it.

WA2ISE's idea has merit. Might be a way to get widespread support.

It just has to be nodded through at the plenary session. This allows
those countries mentioned, plus Germany to retain CW testing without
it seeming that it no longer relates to ITU rules, whilst also
allowing every other country to dump CW teasting.

We oughta have a pool on how long it takes The Congress and FCC to get
through the various levels of rubberstamping. My wild guess is no more
than a year from today.

I would think about the same, but surely we should each guess a particular
date, and the winner should be whoever is closest.

K2ASP has MArch 15, 2004. I have April 15, 2004. Pick a date!

73 de Jim, N2EY