Old July 2nd 03, 04:58 AM
Phil Kane

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 20:37:38 -0500, Kim W5TIT wrote:

For instance, I happen to absolutely know I would not enjoy jumping out of
an airplane to parachute. I've never tried it, no. But I don't intend to
because "it's just not me."

Funny that you should say that, because just this evening at dinner
my wife was relating that one of her co-workers is an ex-paratrooper
who absolutely gets the shakes and white knuckles when he has to fly
as a passenger in a commercial airliner and land on a runway sitting
in his seat - he has no problems when it's just him and 10,000 feet of
thin air between him and the ground.

Me, I had problems falling off a ladder at 8 feet above ground,
twisting my knee - after 30 years the knee started bothering me
again.

To each his own.

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane