Old July 4th 03, 03:40 AM
Kim W5TIT

"N2EY" wrote in message
In article , Alun Palmer
writes:

It just has to be nodded through at the plenary session. This allows
those countries mentioned, plus Germany to retain CW testing without
it seeming that it no longer relates to ITU rules, whilst also
allowing every other country to dump CW teasting.

We oughta have a pool on how long it takes The Congress and FCC to get
through the various levels of rubberstamping. My wild guess is no more
than a year from today.

I would think about the same, but surely we should each guess a

particular
date, and the winner should be whoever is closest.

K2ASP has MArch 15, 2004. I have April 15, 2004. Pick a date!

73 de Jim, N2EY

OK. So we're picking dates for when the CW requirement (as it exists now)
will be dropped? Gosh. I think it's going to take a lot longer than a
year. Let's say five years; so, by June of 2008.

Heh heh, the real test here is whether many of us will be around RRAP to
roundabout on it when it happens, unless it does happen in the short term.

Kim W5TIT