Old July 5th 03, 04:46 PM
Kim W5TIT

"Bill Sohl" wrote in message

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
Kim W5TIT wrote:
"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

Bill Sohl wrote:

Bottom line: Knowledge of morse is neither a positive or negative
indication of any individual's interest(s) in ham radio.

It is if a person refuses to learn it, or waits until the requirement
goes away.

Balogny... What this states is that all non-coded techs
have insufficiient interest in "ham radio." Note the above
does not specify any license level whereas below the
poster changes to a specific referral to Extra. That is NOT
how the original post started out.

EXACTLY. I'm waiting to see ( another post in this thread from me) when
the campaign is going to start against everyone who's *"never bothered"* to
TAKE a ham radio exam. And, how can it be *"explained away"* that there is
probably a higher percentage of General-and-above license holders who are no
longer even active. WOW, now that's interest for you!

THEN, and not least of all, I agree Bill. These guys are bouncing all over
the topic.

Mike, I think you'll be quite disappointed if you "trust" in someone's
interest level based on their relationship (or lack of) with CW.

Not the CW, Kim. It's any part of the testing regimen that a person
"won't" take. If a person refuses to take the Extra test, they aren't
that interested in being an Extra.

So what. They may have less interest in Extra, but
that does not equate to a broader lack of interest
in "ham radio" (rather than just Extra) as the original post
was first articulated.

Let's even take your own case. You're a Tech Plus, IIRC. Are you
interested in taking the General test? If yes, you'll be studying for
it. If not, then you aren't that interested in becoming a General.
- Mike KB3EIA -

Fair enough on the specific application to General. BUT, would
you state that Kim doesn't have a positive interest in "ham radio"
just because she doesn't upgrade?

THANK YOU!! Let's see what the answer is. Because, I'm willing to bet that
the answer is going to do one of two things: 1) it will skirt around the
question entirely and never be answered or, 2) it will be totally ignored.

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK

Kim W5TIT