Old July 5th 03, 06:02 PM
Mike Coslo

Kim W5TIT wrote:
Some more trimming here for ths long post

EXACTLY. I'm waiting to see ( another post in this thread from me) when
the campaign is going to start against everyone who's *"never bothered"* to
TAKE a ham radio exam. And, how can it be *"explained away"* that there is
probably a higher percentage of General-and-above license holders who are no
longer even active. WOW, now that's interest for you!

THEN, and not least of all, I agree Bill. These guys are bouncing all over
the topic.

Let me phrase the issue as I see it.

People often have hobbies as a part of their spare time.

Generally, a person takes up a hobby that interests them.

If there is some requirement of the hobby that the person does not
like, they have two choices put up with the requirement or not get
involved. Examples might be I though about getting a pilot's license at
one time. But the expense of getting the license, then joining a club to
share a plane with several others, and I changed my mind. I guess I
wasn't as interested as the person who goes through all that and gets
his or her pilot's license.

In short, I was not that interested.

My final original point was that that a person who would not study
Morse code in order to get a General license must have an interest akin
to mine towards piloting a plane. That is to say "Thanks but no thanks."

Fair enough on the specific application to General. BUT, would
you state that Kim doesn't have a positive interest in "ham radio"
just because she doesn't upgrade?

THANK YOU!! Let's see what the answer is. Because, I'm willing to bet that
the answer is going to do one of two things: 1) it will skirt around the
question entirely and never be answered or, 2) it will be totally ignored.

I think I answered the question, Kim. You can tell me if I skirted the
issue or not.

- Mike KB3EIA -