Old July 3rd 03, 09:44 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Kim W5TIT" wrote in message
"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
Kim W5TIT wrote:

Dan, I can understand your exasperation with people who choose not to

learn
CW or decide that they don't like it. However, that is as far as the
understanding goes. It seems impossible to me that you can't

understand
that people know what they do, or don't, like.

We all have to learn things that we may not like all that much. I had
to sit and learn classes in school that I found boring to distraction.

I think there's a difference between what we "must" learn in school for a
real degree vs. what we must know to operate as a licensed amateur. I

don't
need an amateur license to "get by" in life. I do need my High School
Diploma, or better, to get by.

Yes you need the high school diploma to get by in life but you don't "need"
a lot of the subjects that you are required to learn. How often do you use
history in daily life unless you are a teacher or politician? Who needs to
have knowledge of Shakespeare and other classic literature to get by in
daily life? Yet to get that high school diploma (which you need), you have
to take subjects that are "unneeded". However, they are considered part of
a well rounded basic education so you have to take them and pass them to get
that diploma.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE