Old July 9th 03, 01:00 AM
Alun Palmer

(N2EY) wrote in
om:

Radio Amateur KC2HMZ wrote in message
. ..
On 07 Jul 2003 11:11:10 GMT,
(N2EY) wrote:

Here are some predictions for ya:

Hmmm...hang on, lemme wipe the dust off the crystal ball for ya
first....okay, go ahead.

Thanks!

The dropping of the code test will not be accompanied by a
significant change in the written exams.

In the short term, probably not. In the long term, as the written
tests go through their normal revision and updating processes, I'd
expect and hope that the question pool committee members would begin
to include questions on practical operating knowledge in addition to
the questions on theory that are already part of the tests.

The current writtens are a mixture of rules and regs, theory,
operating practices, and RF safety. They have been in constant
revision and development for over 20 years. I don't see them changing
all that much.

snip

As a matter of fact the question pools may well change as a result of WRC
2003. The new s25.6 incorporates by reference a document called M.1544,
which is a syllabus for theory tests! This is a new requirement!

73 de Alun, N3KIP