Old March 26th 20, 05:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx
W2LJ via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin W2LJ via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin is offline

Default [W2LJ] Another one bites the dust.

W2LJ QRP - When you care to send the very least!

Another one bites the dust.

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...m_medium=email

I apologize for my snark, but yet another event that's near and dear is
changing due to our current situation. This was posted to QRP-L by Paul
Harden NA5N:

Gang,

QRP To The Field (QRPTTF) will be held this year on Saturday, April 18,
2020, the usual daylight hours in the U.S. time frame.

To comply with the isolation and travel restrictions most of us are now
living under, there will be no theme this year, just a HOME and FIELD
category. There is no special emphasis to operate from the field with most
parks and areas closed, isolation concerns, or to not violate local
restrictions. We'll operate from HOME in "Take-Out" mode; FIELD operations
are allowed only if you're comfortable traveling to a location without
violating local guidelines (or from your back yard).

April 18 also coincides with the annual SOTA S2S Trans-Atlantic QSO
Party. So, SOTA stations (most are QRP) will be on the air for the added
bonus points, some from EU, and all SOTA station contacts also qualify for
QRPTTF contacts. If you're a SOTA op who prefers to stay home, then
participate in QRPTTF instead.

I really struggled with this. Some communities are now imposing fines for
being caught out and about; we all know the isolation and self-quarantine
guidelines imposed on us and the uncertainties come April 18. So the
emphasis this year is operate from HOME so we can all remain safe and still
have fun.

Ham radio is the safest activity on planet Earth right now. We can
associate with all our QRP friends on the bands without having to wash our
hands after wards! :-) See you for QRPTTF on April 18 from the comfort and
safety of your HOME. It might help your "Cabin Fever" just a bit.

I'll be updating the QRPTTF website shortly.

72, Paul NA5N

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!