Old April 7th 20, 02:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Dale Smith Dale Smith is offline

Default SONY ICF-SW7600GR Antenna

I have two SW7600GR radios among others such as a few FRS radios, a SDR, a CB, and a VHF/UHF handy talky. I am re-learning my SONY and came across a number of interesting posts on an external antenna.

I'd like to cut a short diplole for use indoors however I am uncertain how to make a dipole and connect it to the Sony.

One individual suggested a mag loop.

As I am running off battery and do not have a hard ground I had thought of connecting to the ground wire in the electricl receptor near by. I've installed ferrite traps on all my switching power supplies so I hope this reduces the noise ...

Any suggestions for cutting a dipole and connecting to the Sony would be helpful as would suggestions for a magloop.

73,
KJ7GHU