Old July 10th 03, 04:27 AM
Alun Palmer

ospam (Larry Roll K3LT) wrote in
:

In article , JJ
writes:

Do you have
something
against operator skill -- or are you one of those New Age hams that
think yakking into a microphone is all the demonstration of operator
skill that should ever be required of you?

Do you have something against someone who has no desire to operate
CW?

In a way, I do -- because their lack of desire to operate CW is usually
based on a lack of willingness to break their inertia and get down to
learning it. It's called laziness. Yup, that's right -- the "L" word.
L-A-Z-I-N-E-S-S. Hams who don't care or "don't want" to learn Morse
code are just plain old LAZY. Period. End of Story. Consider
yourself to have been grabbed by the collar and beaten with a club
called The Truth!!!

There are many different modes of operation in ham radio, do you
operate them all?

Nope, not all -- but certainly a whole lot more than most hams do. And
you know something totally strange? My Morse/CW proficiency doesn't
interfere one little bit in my enjoyment of other modes!

Funny -- nobody has ever been able to "discourage" me from doing
anything I wanted to do. I just went ahead and did it. I could care
less what other people think, do,

The proper phrase is "I could NOT care less what other people think"

Only if I couldn't care less -- and I can! Like right now!

73 de Larry, K3LT

So, the OP said he didn't want to _operate_ CW, but you then launched into
your spiel about him not wanting to take the test because he's lazy. He
probably doesn't want to take it, but I think you're missing the point,
and have been for years. And now it's all over bar the shouting.