Old July 10th 03, 01:32 PM
Mike Coslo

JJ wrote:

Larry Roll K3LT wrote:

In article , JJ
writes:

Do you have
something
against operator skill -- or are you one of those New Age hams that
think
yakking into a microphone is all the demonstration of operator skill
that
should
ever be required of you?

Do you have something against someone who has no desire to operate CW?

In a way, I do -- because their lack of desire to operate CW is usually
based on a lack of willingness to break their inertia and get down to
learning it. It's called laziness. Yup, that's right -- the "L"
word. L-A-Z-I-N-E-S-S. Hams who don't care or "don't want" to learn
Morse code
are just plain old LAZY. Period. End of Story. Consider yourself to
have been grabbed by the collar and beaten with a club called The Truth!!!

You are a real piece of work Larry. I haven't worked CW in years, I
still could but I just have no desire to talk in code when I can speak
very well.
Do you use a automobile to get from one distant place to another? You
do? That is pure laziness, the "L" word. Why don't you ride a horse,
bicycle, or better yet, walk. That is what folks did before the
automobile came along. You are just plain old LAZY. You have a long way
to go to ever grab me by the collar and you can't handle the truth. End
of story.

You'll need a better argument than this JJ. I use an automobile, I know
how to ride a horse properly, bicycle occasionally and I walk quite a
bit. And laziness doesn't enter into the equation. If you are trying to
equate transport modes with ARS modes, you simply use the one that is
appropriate at the moment.

- Mike KB3EIA -