Old January 18th 04, 04:41 PM
Mikey

Brand?....BRAND??? C'mon, we're talking DIPOLES here! Get your wire cutters
and soldering iron.

Frank, a G5RV antenna in its pure form is 102 feet long, and will give you
80-10 coverage. But it doesn't have to be 102 feet in a straight line. Put
your feedpoint in the center of your cleared area; run the wires out as far
as you can, out to your supports. Watever is left, take it down the
support, run it along the top of the fence, tie it off to a tree, etc..

At this point, it's not really a G5RV any more. The trick to making this
antenna work, is to feed it with twin lead, 300-600 ohm, and a good antenna
tuner. In fact, with this system, the wire doesn't necessarily have to be
102 feet long, either - just make it as long as you can get it.

And use a REAL center insulator, please. Budwig,, or Van Gorden, or one of
those.

Good luck,
-Mike KI6PR
El Rancho R.F., CA

"Frank MacKenzie-Lamb" wrote
Anyone have any good sugesstions for dipoles brand or type (I won't be

doing
80M...That's a long strech?

Thanks
NG!I