Old May 8th 20, 02:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx
W2LJ via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin W2LJ via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin is offline

Default [W2LJ] Getting back on the horse.

W2LJ QRP - When you care to send the very least!

Getting back on the horse.

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...m_medium=email

This weekend, there's only one QSO Party and that's Arkansas - from 1400Z,
May 9 to 0200Z, May 10. That's 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM EDT, Saturday.

I'll attempt once again to get at least two contacts in the log, after
failing to get Delaware in the log last weekend. Delaware was too close for
40 Meters and I just plumb couldn't hear anyone on 80 Meter CW at night -
so Delaware goes as #1 on the "Didn't Make It" list. I'm sure there will be
others to follow.

The good news is that NJ Parks re-opened last weekend and will remain open
as long as people do not violate social distancing "laws". I still feel
that Field Day is going to be totally messed up this year. Unless the
limits are lifted regarding gatherings of 10 people or less, I don't see
how Field Day can really be like it used to be. And if the weekend is hot,
who's going to want to wear a mask for 24 hours while they're out in
public? Plus, to be honest - a lot of the Hams that I do Field Day with are
older - myself included. They don't WANT to be in situations that could
potentially kill them.

For some states that haven't been hit hard by this virus, that's all a moot
point. But for Hams in states that are now only beginning to see a glimmer
of light at the end of the tunnel, it's going to be a very strange Field
Day, indeed.

Hopefully, things will be a lot better in six weeks.\

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!