Old July 13th 03, 07:48 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article , bro writes:

Warning: Many Questions Follow!

Hey, I'm a 'general' and if I take the extra test do I get a 1x2
automaticly "if available"?
or
do I only get if applied as a vanity?
There are 3 available 1x2's now per N4MC's Vanity HQ's database.

Nope. You get a 2x2, such as AB4CD. This is the current configuration
of FCC-assigned Extra class call signs in the "free" (non-Vanity) call
sign database. You would need to include a request for a Vanity Call
Sign, pay the current fee, and indicate up to 25 choices for a Vanity
call sign in order to obtain a 1x2, 2x1, or any other call sign configuration.
If there are only 3 1x2's available in your call area, you'd better act
quickly. Of course, you'd still have the option of "stealing" a 1x2 from
out of your call area, but I consider that dirty pool.

73 de Larry, K3LT