Old July 14th 03, 06:16 AM
Dick Carroll

JJ wrote:

Dick Carroll wrote:

JJ wrote:

Radio Amateur KC2HMZ wrote:

I was monitoring a MARS net a few years back, that was being conducted
in some rather lousy band conditions. One station tried to check into
this net using CW because the ops couldn't get through to the NCS
using SSB. The NCS told them that CW was not a valid operating mode
for checking into a MARS net. Draw your own conclusions.

I am curious as to why CW would not be a valid operating mode on a
MARS net.

Basically because the Chief Mars appointed some years ago was a No-code tech. That
tell
you anything?

And you can support that statement by providing the call of the
operator and his license history, or is this just another of your
slams at the no-code techs to make yourself feel better?

Once again, you prove how clueless you can be. Try paying attention to what goes on in
ham radio before you manage to make a complete fool of youself, Hmmm?

No, I didn't keep the codefree Mars cheif's data, why should I? I was disgusted by the
entire episode as were most longtime hams who happened to be paying attention. . Clearly
you were not.

The fella closed out all MARS CW operation permanently, according to reports from MARS
members. So you missed all that? Surprising? Nope.