Old June 26th 20, 04:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Guglielmo Marconi[_2_] Guglielmo Marconi[_2_] is offline

Default Icom 756 pro 3 BCB sensitivity

In article , jay17102 Harding wrote:
Is there any documentation regarding the enabling of the preamp 1 for use below
1.6MHZ On the 756Pro3. Lots of folks seem to have done it, but I can't find
any details. Everyone be well

Hi Jay,

I'm one of the engineers at ICOM that helped design the pre-amp in the
Icom 756 pro 3 tranceiver. There is nothing special about it and it really
is a terrible pre-amp, but we knew if we disabled it for the broadcast
band, a ****-load of retards would ask how to turn it on.

Guglielmo