Old July 14th 03, 09:47 PM
Robert Casey

Radio Amateur KC2HMZ wrote:

Certainly, though, it would seem they have the capacity to learn it -
but when the first thing we do is hit them with something over a
hundred years old and tell them this is our lowest common denominator,
I have no doubt that it causes a lot of people to think, "@#$&%^*
that!" and find another hobby...perhaps they already have one.

Code did slow me down a few years (from 1970 to 76) and one summer in
college I
did the code thing. Well, 5 WPM anyway.... Had to take a receive
test and also
had to send code down at the FCC field office in NYC. Got my tech
(general written
and 5 WPM) in 76. I was suprized, I easily passed the code but nearly
failed the
written (I was a double E student then).