Old July 8th 20, 05:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx
KB6NU via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin KB6NU via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin is offline

Default Map your contest QSOs

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

Map your contest QSOs

Shortly after Field Day ended, Bill WC3B posted a map of the contacts he
made on Twitter. How cool, I thought, and asked him how hed done it. As it
turns out, the map was a function of the N3FJP Field Day logging program.

It then occurred to me that there must be mapping programs on the web. I
did a quick Google to find two websites that would allow me to generate a
map of my own: LogView by EI8IC and Log2Map by ON6ZQ.
Log View

LogView is a free, post-contest log-visualisation tool. It plots the QSOs
in a Cabrillo-format contest-log on to one of 8 different maps by finding
the position of each QSO from an online database of about 1,100,000 W/VE
callsigns. Heres the map generated by Log View:

This tool can do more than just produce a map. Its worth checking out if
you want to analyze your contest logs.

Log2Map

Log2Map accepts both Cabrillo and ADIF files and generates a map like the
one shown below:

I kinda like this map better than the LogView map, but I wish that I could
change the marker. I think the marker is a little bit big for this kind of
map.

I found a couple of other mapping websites, but many of them wanted the log
to contain the latitudes and longitudes. I didnt know how to do that
quickly, so I just moved on.

There must be others out there that I didnt find. If you know of any
others, please comment below.

The post Map your contest QSOs appeared first on KB6NUs Ham Radio Blog.