Old July 15th 03, 12:40 AM
Arnie Macy

"Larry Roll K3LT" wrote in part ...

Arnie: Worry not, help is on the way! When the FCC finally acts on WRC-03
and drops the code testing requirement, the ARS will suddenly be filled with
eager, computer-literate, technically-inclined young newcomers to ham radio
who will invent, develop, and deploy the amateur radio version of the
broadband infrastructure now available to anyone who owns a cell phone,
wireless PDA, or Wi-Fi equipped laptop. We will be communicating by voice,
data, and image, all with no need to purchase "minutes" of air time or enter
into expensive contracts with service providers...

Yep, I'm breathless with anticipation (wink)

Arnie -
KT4ST