Old July 15th 03, 03:29 AM
Kim W5TIT

"N2EY" wrote in message
om...
Radio Amateur KC2HMZ wrote in message

. ..
On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 11:58:29 -0500, "Kim"
wrote:

"Larry Roll K3LT" wrote in message

Kim, Dear, what kind of "proof" of this would you accept?

Dear? I knew it! You ARE in love with her, Larry!

Won't do him any good. Kim's married/taken and quite happy with her
mate, thank you very much.

GRIN. Yep 14 years now. Uh, well, those reasons to begin with, anyway.
The really number one reason is that I'm not that desperate for a man if it
means Larry Roll...

but a no-coder will always claim that it isn't proven simply because

they
have no way of discerning and analyzing the evidence, and they have

an
agenda which would cause them to deny the outcome.

Incorrect. They could always accept the evidence presented by an
experienced CW operator.

That's correct. Except that folks such as Dick and Larry have such a war
going on that it's completely gotten passed them that the rest of us can
still think of each other nicely--even though our thoughts about different
things may vary and, yes, even though we may get really fired up on each
other once in a while.

You couldn't even offer the contribution that N2EY
made. An excellent example, I might add.

Thanks - there are more. Like the student in Grenada during the
invasion/revolution (1983?) whose mike broke.

For real?! What was he saying, do we know?

Larry gets rather emotional over the topic, whereas Jim looks at
things a bit more objectively. But then, I think you noticed that.

Just "a bit more"? ;-)

heh heh

When you get as good as N2EY at knowing CW and examples of its

tremendous
cabability, get back to us, won't you?

There are plenty of examples which prove the point of CW/Morse's
usefulness. Whether those examples constiute "proof" of the necessity
of a TEST is a matter of opinion.

Well, I never challenged the point of CW/Morse's usefulness. There's no
doubt about the usefulness of CW. (Larry usually either chooses to ignore,
or misses it when I have good things to say about CW, though). What I'd
never really heard relayed was a real-life story of the claim of CW "getting
through" when nothing else would.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Kim W5TIT