Old July 21st 20, 09:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default where does the power when using an antenna-tuner go to ?

In article ,
says...

Well actually this is a bit strange, because a ham usually has to pass
an exam, and the theory that has to be learned from that usually includes
the basic principles of HF electronics, including a discussion of things
like L/C circuits, Q factor, skin effect, etc.

But maybe you only did a crash course and pre-learned the 500 questions
and their correct answer, without actually understanding it.

The test of the last 20 or 30 years have been a joke. Anyone with a
memory can pass those without knowing anything.

Around 1972 I passed the FCC First Class Radio teoephone test. There
were no books with the exact questions and answers. I did get an
Associates degree in electronics engineering about 2 years before that.
I found the test relative simple even back then.

I passed the old tech which the written was the same as a General, then
the Advanced and Extra without even looking at the questions and
answers. The tough part for me was that stupid Morse Code. Hard telling
how many hours I spent on that trying to get the receive up to 20 wpm.
Had it not been for the multiguess I never would have made that.